In order to secure coverage both nationally and internationally, we adopted a multi-pronged approach that utilised a number of creative PR tactics to reach our audience across the most relevant communication platforms.
- Keynote speakers announcement – Drafted a news release to announce Digital’s keynote speakers, and used this as an opportunity to introduce the new festival concept, street food offering and new Cardiff venue.
- Event listings – Identified event listing slots in Welsh, national and international titles and targeted relevant opportunities.
- Meet and greets – Approached national journalists to arrange an in-depth interview with David Warrender at Unbound event in London, which resulted with an interview with Daily Telegraph.
- Full agenda announcement – Drafted a news release which digested the full agenda into bitesize takeaways to allow journalists to build their own ‘insiders guide’ to Digital.
- National journalist invites – Invited contacts on national and tech outlets
- Bristol press release – In order to reach potential delegates from the Bristol and West Country area, we identified Bristol-based speakers at Digital and targeted local media outlets.
- Thought leadership articles – Approached and built relationships with keynote speakers and their press teams in order to target national titles with exclusive thought-leadership pieces or expert comments.
- Reactive opportunities – Closely monitored the news agenda to ascertain opportunities in which Innovation Point or our keynote speakers could provide a reactive comment.
- Diary maker – Drafted a detailed diary marker outlining key broadcast and interview opportunities, and circulated to media to begin building an interview schedule for the event.
- Broadcast opportunities – Approached, secured and managed radio and television opportunities both pre, during and post event.
- On-the-day media – Drafted a press release at the end of both days, providing a summary of the most newsworthy moments and comments, and circulated to media ahead of their deadlines